Elderly and Private Clients
We can advise and assist you with:
- Wills and Estate Planning
- Family Trusts and Asset Protection
- Powers of Attorney
- Court of Protection
- Planning for long-term care
- Local Authority and NHS Funding of care
- Advance Decisions
- Inheritance and Capital Gains Tax
- Probate and Estate Administration
Protect your Estate with full flexibility to use and enjoy it.
KG Solicitors are currently acting on behalf of hundreds of clients to recover care fees which in many cases have been incorrectly charged.
In many cases we hope to be successful and could recover as much as £30 million.
The ability to make retrospective claims is now not available so don’t let yourself be caught in the same position
Some significant facts about facing the challenges of advancing years
- The number of people aged over 85 is predicted to double over the next 20 years.
- In 1952 the Queen issued 255 telegrams for 100th birthday anniversaries; by 2011 this had risen to 12,640
- 1 in 3 people suffer from mental incapacity before they die.
- 1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men, aged over 65, are likely to go into care.
Some unfounded myths
- Wills, trusts & tax planning are only for the wealthy
- The State will look after me and pay for everything I need if I go into care
- My Family will pay for, and look after, me and deal with things after my death
- “An Englishman’s House is his Castle” – my house and assets cannot be taken by anyone but me and my Family
- I can just put everything in my children’s name – that will protect me from having to pay care fees
- Everything I have will automatically go to my Wife and children, I don’t have to plan anything
- Even though we are not married, my Partner will inherit all I have
- I will always be able to make my own decisions
- There will never be any problems in the family over my assets – we all get on well
- I am too young to start thinking about these matters
- I only need a Will, don’t I? That says what is to happen even while I am alive?
DON’T LET YOUR PARENTS’, FAMILY’S AND FRIENDS’ MISFORTUNES HAPPEN TO YOU.
Using protective trusts to prevent the dilution of family wealth and ensure you and your family enjoy the fruits of your many years’ endeavours.
- Protect your wealth from decimation by care fees
- Avoid the costs and delays caused by probate
- Avoid contentious estate claims
- Avoid sideways disinheritance
- Safeguard your assets in relation to bankruptcy
- Remove the fear of relationship failure and its consequences
- Safeguard dependant relative’s access to essential benefits
- Reduce exposure to inheritance tax liabilities
How we can help you?
KG Solicitors utilises the skills of Solicitors, Accountants, Financial Advisors and Trust Experts to provide a wide range of specialist planning solutions not generally available on the High street.
As well as offering advice on Wills, Probate and Powers of Attorney we will also provide advanced estate and tax planning solutions sometimes working with “partner” firms across the UK to help protect your assets.
We understand that matters need to be handled sympathetically and expertly.
THERE IS NO “ONE-FIX” SOLUTION THAT APPLIES TO EVERYONE
We will advise you on YOUR INDIVIDUAL needs and requirements, and provide practical, “jargon-free” solutions.
“FAIL TO PLAN – PLAN TO FAIL”
THE EARLIER YOU TAKE ACTION, THE BETTER TO DEFEND AGAINST THE AUTHORITIES’ ATTEMPTS TO TAKE YOUR FAMILY HOME AND FAMILY WEALTH FROM YOU TO PAY CARE FEES, TAX etc
WE OFFER FIXED FEE SERVICES
CONTACT US NOW FOR NO OBLIGATION, FREE, INITIAL ADVICE
Telephone: (01254) 685 127